Friday, February 16, 2024

Renovation 12

 It is a choice each day to live in my own power, independence or self sufficiency, or whether to to surrender to His leading. Practicing His presence in the small mundane issues of each day is the training I need to practice His presence in the bigger decisions of life. I’d like to think I’ve accomplished something in my ‘to do’ list at the end of the day, but the most important is to search for His kingdom and Hos presence. Overcoming my selfish and arrogant ways is far more important than my ‘to do’ list. 

“…enable us to walk increasingly in the wholeness, holiness, and power of the kingdom of the heavens. No one need live in spiritual and personal defeat. A life of victory over sin and circumstance is accessible to all.” - Dallas Willard, Renovation of the Heart: Putting On the Character of Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 282

 Tests and trials are difficult to understand, and hard to endure. Paul could have been angry and bitter that he was in prison but he used h...