Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Renovation 3

 My pride and arrogance is a complete denial to my depravity and delta of my sin. There is no hope for my efforts or reputation for not being a trouble maker as a way to earn anything. God’s grace is completely opposed to earning our way to have good favor. But He is not opposed to our good efforts to live out our love for our Savior. The more overwhelmed I become by His love, I want to do better. 

He saves us by realistic restoration of our heart to God and then by dwelling there with his Father through the distinctively divine Spirit. The heart thus renovated and inhabited is the only real hope of humanity on earth.” - Dallas Willard, Renovation of the Heart: Putting On the Character of Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...