Monday, March 18, 2024

Bible 79

 I once thought it was nearly impossible to have intimacy with the Creator. I’m not sure how I came to the conclusion that I was nor would ever be good enough to sense God being close to me. He seemed distant and disgusted with me. I could never measure up. But after reading the stories in the Bible, it’s quite the opposite. Yes, Gid is angry with those who defy Him but He is more than patient, waiting for a change of heart. I’m learning to talk my life out with Him. I may never have the answers I want but praying it all out changes me. I like the following from Nicky’s comments:  “ Do not pretend that all is well. Speak from the depth of your heart. He will not be surprised or shocked by anything you say. It is this openness, vulnerability and honesty that draws you into an intimate relationship with God.”

Reading, reflecting on Scripture is listening to wisdom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 281

 Like Nicky I do mtg like to get rid my old clothes. As a metaphor, my old way of doing life has Ben being passive aggressive at times, hold...