Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Bible 87

 

Ten Top Tips from Nicky Gumbel’s devotional, day 87, in his read through the Bible in one year, Classic Edition posted on the YouVersion app  

Psalm 37:32-40

1. Stay close to God

Lord, help me to stay close to you, staying on your path and hoping in you.

2. Seek Peace Be a peacemaker 

Luke 6:37-7:10

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love.

3. Do not judge - 

Lord, help me to remove the ‘planks’ from my life and to extend grace to those around me.

4. Forgive others

Lord, thank you that you have forgiven me. Help me to forgive others, regardless of whether they are sorry or not.

5. Give away your life

Lord, help me to reflect your generosity in my attitude to others. Help me to look for the good in others, to forgive, and to give.

6. Hitch your wagon to a star - Be mentored

 Lord, thank you for the heroes of the faith who have gone before me, and for the leaders that you have put in my life. Help me to learn from them and to aim higher in my walk with you.

7. Guard your heart

Lord, help me to guard my heart and store up good within it. As David prayed, ‘create in me a pure heart, O God’ (Psalm 51:10).

8. Obey God’s Word

Lord Jesus, help me to listen to your words and to put them into practice in my life.

9. Be under authority

Lord Jesus, thank you that you have authorised me to be your messenger. Help me to be a faithful ambassador of the gospel to those around me.

10. Finish well - 

Numbers 22:21-23:26

Balaam’s life is a warning that even those who are used by God can get themselves into a mess. It is an encouragement to keep on doing what Balaam, at one point, set out to do – to hear God’s message and pass it on to others. Be faithful and finish well.

Lord, help me to be your faithful messenger. I want to be sensitive to the guidance of your Holy Spirit, to follow where you are leading and to stay faithful to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...