Saturday, March 9, 2024

King 1

 Jesus called the disciples to follow Him. I wonder what that experience was like. The “Chosen” series inspires a lot of thinking about what each disciple thought and felt as they surrendered to His authority. I wonder how much I’ve missed His authoritative calling in my heart, just because I tried to blend in to my Christian surroundings, and to culture. 


If you are looking at Christianity, start by looking at Jesus’s life as it is shown to us in the gospels, and especially at the resurrection. Don’t begin, as modern people do, by asking yourself if Christianity fits who you are. If the resurrection happened, then there is a God who created you for himself and ultimately, yes, Christianity fits you whether you can see it now or not. If he’s real and risen, then just like Paul, even though he had none of the answers to any of his questions, you’ll have to say, “What would you have me do, Lord?”  - Timothy Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...