Thursday, March 14, 2024

World view

 David’s view of his life was a worldview that I want to develop. “A worldview is your subjective perspective (view) on objective reality (world). Your worldview is both pragmatic and theoretical; it's how we live in the world we believe we inhabit. This is why we don't separate faith and repentance.” (Taken from a blog I was reading)


Growing in wisdom seems to be a process of aligning the way I think with how God views our world, if that is ever possible. Being repentant about my independence, learning to see God as absolute, approachable, and completely knowledgeable about all of life is key. My opinions, reactions, responses to each day are critiques and filtered through the lens of Scripture. My goal is to look for the kingdom and not promote myself. 

God is the rock of my foundation, not the world’s temporary and changing power, possessions or prestige.  Loving and trusting God, then others builds my foundation into an eternal treasure that cannot be destroyed  

Seth Troutt

Stories show; doctrine tells. 


What is a worldview? How does it mature? 


Your worldview is your subjective perspective (view) on objective reality (world). Your worldview is both pragmatic and theoretical; it's how we live in the world we believe we inhabit. This is why we don't separate faith and repentance.


Repentance could be understood as "bringing your worldview into congruence with God's worldview." It most literally means to "change your mind." This is both a choice and a process.


Christians want their worldview to be critiqued and brought into further alignment with the Scriptures, yet the Scriptures are not the only tools even the Scriptures want us to lay hold of in our maturation:


- "look at the birds"

- "consider the lilies"

- "go to the ant"

- "stir one another up"

- "address one another in songs"


Every follower of Jesus wants our emotions, our actions, and our beliefs to be congruent with Jesus' emotions, actions, and beliefs. We want to love what he loves and hate what he hates and do what he does.


Songs, stories, and sparrows develop our ability to perceive, experience, and interact with the creatures and image bearers all around us. 


We cannot warn younger christians about the deformative power of "secular" music and movies and in the same breathe not embrace the the reformative power of excellent poetry and storytelling.


When Jesus tells parables, he is both teaching us and modeling for us how to teach. Show and Tell.

”my God, my rock where I seek refuge. My shield, the horn of my salvation, my stronghold, my refuge, and my Savior, you save me from violence.“

‭‭2 Samuel‬ ‭22‬:‭3‬ ‭CSB‬‬


No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 9

 Do you find it hard to describe yourself as a clay pot?  I used to believe in the statement: “When life gets tough, the tough get tougher!’...