Tuesday, April 16, 2024

John 15

 Jesus used practical everyday experiences to demonstrate the reality of His kingdom. Modern church goers are disconnected with the slower pace of an agriculture life, but most of understand the advice of wise gardening and lawn care. It takes a lot of care to make things grow with a careful attention to detail. The same is true for our inner life with God. When I’m more concerned about my public persona or my comforts, I’m not stimulating my inner life of growth. 

Am I absorbed with an Ethic from Beyond? Is my life too absorbed with the here and now?” - Scot McKnight, Sermon on the Mount 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 282

 Tests and trials are difficult to understand, and hard to endure. Paul could have been angry and bitter that he was in prison but he used h...