Monday, April 22, 2024

John 21

 The disciples went fishing, wanting a quiet and safe place to grieve. But Jesus had other plans that day, showing up as the resurrected Messiah who lives His followers deeply. The interaction between Jesus, Peter and John was profound. Peter had denied Jesus but Peter found complete forgiveness. John had a unique relationship with Jesus, finding relief in the presence of the Savior. I wonder how I’d be different if I had been there, participating in the fishing expedition. What would Jesus have said to you and me as we stood on the shore?  

God's call to obey is itself a grace. In this call, he is actively rescuing you from you. The joy or complaint of your heart always shapes your willingness to trust God and to do his will.”  - Paul Davis Tripp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...