Sunday, April 21, 2024

Bible 113

 Words build relationships and words can destroy what has been built. Words without substance can’t be trusted until time proves otherwise. I feel that you and I have a long term friendship that is building in trust and wisdom. Few share a brief journal reflection with each other after reading Scripture. What better at tk grow in wisdom together. 

I love reading about the Old Testament hero, Joshua. He had been me tired by Moses and had witnessed the complaining and bickering of the Hebrew people. Joshua learned to use his words wisely to lead, but knew he had to follow every word God spoke to him. As we read and reflect, May we learn to communicate with others in a way that follows what we are learning. 

Nicky’s prayer:  Lord, help me today to control my tongue – to speak only words of love and life. Help me always to respond to any wrong committed against me with words of love. Lord, please give me words and wisdom for every occasion. Help me to develop the language of love and prayer and to speak powerful words in your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...