Friday, April 5, 2024

John 5

“ God is very interested in our desire, not in our ability”. This radical statement is very different than what I grew up with. I’m not sure if it was intensity Al or not, but I thought I’d never measure up, or meet the expectations God had for me. But He is searching the whole earth for those who seek Him. God wants us to trust Him and know Him far more than we imagine. Just like the paralytic, we are powerless to help ourselves but He is the Healer, Redeemer, Restorer. 

We modern people think of miracles as the suspension of the natural order, but Jesus meant them to be the restoration of the natural order. The Bible tells us that God did not originally make the world to have disease, hunger, and death in it. Jesus has come to redeem where it is wrong and heal the world where it is broken. His miracles are not just proofs that he has power but also wonderful foretastes of what he is going to do with that power. Jesus' miracles are not just a challenge to our minds, but a promise to our hearts, that the world we all want is coming.” - Timothy Keller, The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 280

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...