Thursday, May 2, 2024

Bible 125

 Trusting someone is built on their record of character. If I know that a person is bad mouthing me and undermining my efforts, I’m prone to keep my distance. Gossip and slander can develop easily by twisting a story or manipulating words. Jesus crossed boundaries by choosing to travel to Jacob’s well in John 4. He probably knew that the un-named Samaritan woman would show up. It was no accident that He knew everything about her, answering her questions about His identity. Jesus crossed cultural roadblocks and elevated that status of women, empowering her to tell everyone she knew about Him. 

The book of Judges documents living in a culture without character or leadership. When everyone does their own thing out of a twisted value system, few good things happen. What a lesson for us to live with integrity as we seek to do good in our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...