Sunday, May 12, 2024

Bible 135

 There are many who believe they are not doing enough for God, as if they are earning a special status or acceptance. But I’m learning slowly that I’m accepted despite my flaws, sin, and lack of of measuring up to my expectations. How much doing is enough?  How can I compete with those who donate mega millions, or who have an extraordinary amount of time or energy?  Nicky makes the statement “ Being *with* God is even more important than what you do *for* God. With God, everything is possible.”. Following Christ is being with Him, practicing His presence, which leads to doing what is right and good. Never measuring up to enough leads to my guilt and shame. But loving Him more leads me to look at life completely different. My identity is not wrapped up in my resume, my volunteer efforts, my generosity, or any self promotion. My identity is in Christ, coming to Him as a child needing the embrace of my Father. Just like the general in Rwanda, who shook hands with the devil, who felt like he knew God better when faced with evil. When I recognize my own evil and where it could lead, I know I need a Savior. 

Praying:  Lord, help Blake and me to be a community that brings your light to a dark world. Help us as individuals and as a church to live with you, to please you and to bring the light of life, love and joy to those around us today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 282

 Tests and trials are difficult to understand, and hard to endure. Paul could have been angry and bitter that he was in prison but he used h...