Monday, May 13, 2024

Bible 136

 There have been plenty of times I’ve felt overwhelmed by circumstances and people. I’m sure there are some of these tense moments ahead. When I’ve been at the end of my rope, the desperate call for God to help brought strength to keep hanging on. Somehow, some way, issues get resolved as we call upon Him. I’m trying to practice His presence all the time, training myself to always rely upon Him, making it less desperate the next time an event occurs. The reality of His presence is the truth you and I need to rely upon all the time. There is freedom in this reality, unlike any that our culture portrays. The truth in Jesus is a treasure worth more than anything. The Hebrew people described in Judges wanted to have life their own way, much like many in our culture. Hopefully, you and I will be consistently loyal in trusting God rather than crying out in desperation during the chaos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 282

 Tests and trials are difficult to understand, and hard to endure. Paul could have been angry and bitter that he was in prison but he used h...