Thursday, May 16, 2024

Bible 140

 There is no doubt our world is in deep trouble because of its moral confusion. It’s shocking that Britain has more registered witches than Christian clergy. I wonder what the stats say about the US. Coming out of Covid, my anxiety about the moral chaos was getting to me. It has apparent that we cannot trust many news sources, what is posted on social media, nor where people get their information. But I’m growing stronger in my confidence that God is still the Sustainer of the universe and has not abandoned us. I’ve always believed Gos was and is in charge of history but I’m less fearful because of devotionals like this one. You and I do not understand what God is doing behind the scene nor why He doesn’t take immediate action against lies and injustice. Just like Mary and Martha being upset with Jesus’s late arrival, Jesus wept, raised Lazarus from the dead, all because of His timing and purpose. Like Samuel, I want to listen to what God is saying and watch for what Hs is doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 9

 Do you find it hard to describe yourself as a clay pot?  I used to believe in the statement: “When life gets tough, the tough get tougher!’...