Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Bible 144

 I have a LONG way to go bafkew I can say that I genuinely love everyone. I’m trying to distinguish the person from their words and actions, because everyone has a a story behind the way they act. I would just as soon avoid a few people because of their past actions or their critical nature. But Jesus was gentle and accepting of nearly anyone with the exception of ghe rule keeping Pharisees and the money changers in the temple. Jesus says that the world has the right to judge if we are of faith or not by the way we live and treat others (John 13:33-35). I’m glad most people cannot read my mind regarding my impatience and irritations. Nicky’s comments ought to be in neon lights in front of me: “ When people see real love they see God. The best way to start to tell people about Jesus is to love them and to love other followers of Jesus.”. 

I sense God’s love in you, Blake, just by the way you treat your family and the way you treat me. You demonstrate genuine love. 

I love reading the story of Saul, Davis and Jonathan. Saul became a complex mess because he has rejected God. Jonathan had everything to lose by being David’s friend. David trusted God to wait for the right time and place to make Hos move to be king. David and Jonathan developed a bond of trust in each other despite the chaos of Saul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...