Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Inside Out 35

 I used to get irritated by the countless interruptions while working at school. That is until I realized that God brought each interruption into my schedule for His purpose, teaching me to surrender to Him. Just like the crime victim in the Good Samaritan parable, the religious and hurried passed on by. It was the lowly Samaritan who stopped and did all he could. He saw the opportunity and sacrificed his time and resources, let alone the emotional investment. How would Jesus handle a job in the ER?  How would he handle coworkers who are upset and divided?  How would Jesus handle your responsibilities as.a parent of your children?  I regret my reactions to a critical boss who second guessed every decision I made for twenty years. I should have…. - I’m not sure how I could have done better other than prayed more. I think of how Jesus would handle the complaining people in my life, or those freaking out because of the news?  I’m reminding myself that God is doing the work, I’m not. I’m a participant in His kingdom work right now, waiting for the perfect to arrive.

“Prayer, meditation, and confession actually have the power to rewire the brain in a way that can make us less self-referential and more aware of how God sees us. But these impediments to sin may not come easily.” - John Ortberg, Soul Keeping: Caring For the Most Important Part of You

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...