Friday, May 31, 2024

Building 5

 I have a terrible record of memorizing verses. I had an overbearing critical crabby (I could go on) aunt who bragged about all the verses she has memorized. When we were with her, she would spout them off. I questioned the impact memorization was having but maybe she would have crabbier if she had not memorized the verses. I blame her for my bad record but deep reflection on verses brings them to mind without much effort. The verses I memorized years ago still are embedded in my memory.  When I have trouble falling asleep at night, I’ve repeated them to keep my mind on positive thoughts. They have also reduced anxiety in times of turmoil. 

One of the most impactful verses is Colossians 3:1

If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...