Thursday, May 9, 2024

Inside Out 22

 Just as much as yesterday’s devotional inspired me, this one bothers me. Dwelling on how I’ve spent time on selfish endeavors is guilt and shame producing. So much of my time was rushing from one task to the next, helping others or bring a Dad. I’m not complaining at all because my life has been very fulfilling. I have few if any hobbies, and feel guilty if I start one. 

The following prayer is from another devotional “Praying in the Weeds”:

Lord, I lift up my soul to you today and bring you my mind, my body and my wounded heart. I believe that you care for me and that I can trust you with my life. You are my light and my salvation, the defense of my life. You are good, kind, loving and are continually watching over me, and I give you all glory, honor and praise. Teach me, lead me, and guide me into all truth during this time of prayer.

I acknowledge that there is a war going on all around me and within me. Although I cannot physically see the spiritual realm, I believe your word that the enemy of my soul is prowling around like a roaring lion, seeking to devour me. He has come to lie, steal, kill and destroy all the beauty and goodness in my life and pull me further and further away from your love.

“In the Bible, God never gives anyone an easy job. God never comes to Abraham, or Moses, or Esther and says, “I’d like you to do me a favor, but it really shouldn’t take much time. I wouldn’t want to inconvenience you.” God does not recruit like someone from the PTA. He is always intrusive, demanding, exhausting. He says we should expect that the world will be hard, and that our assignments will be hard.” - John Ortberg, Soul Keeping: Caring For the Most Important Part of You


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 282

 Tests and trials are difficult to understand, and hard to endure. Paul could have been angry and bitter that he was in prison but he used h...