Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Inside Out 34

 I’ve always struggled with how I can serve God the best. For a long long time, I taught Sunday School until Covid, which made me recalculate nearly everything. I realized that my efforts produced few discipleship results and few deeper relationships. I wanted to move on from mere information accumulation, leading me to connecting with one on one relationships. I have a long way to go but I want to be more intentional with listening and pouring myself into others, supporting and encouraging efforts that go far beyond what I can do by myself. The apostle Paul had the inside scoop on balancing his circumstances:  Philippians 4:12


I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need.

“But the treasure we have in heaven is also something very much available to us now. We can and should draw upon it as needed, for it is nothing less than God himself and the wonderful society of his kingdom even now interwoven in my life. Even now we “have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to countless angels, and to the assembled church of those born earlier and now claimed in the heavens; and to God who discerns all, to the completed spirits of righteous people, and to Jesus, the mediator of a new agreement” (Heb. 12:22–24). This is not by-and-by, but now.” - Dallas Willard, The Divine Conspiracy: Rediscovering Our Hidden Life In God

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 280

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...