Monday, June 24, 2024

Bible 177

 Developing a rhythm of praying about everything takes practice and a change of mind. I have been very guilty of praying only in spurts with only selfish requests for things to turn out like I wanted. I’m learning that praying changes me, learning to not be so self sufficient, seeing life from my viewpoint. Looking back, I can see that my weak prayers have resulted in changing circumstances and in softening others’ hard hearted attitude. The apostle Paul prayed boldly and in the crisis of the moment. He didn’t hesitate - a good model to follow. 

Regarding the division of Israel after Solomon, some of the kings in Judah knew the only solution was prayer, even if no one else followed along. One lesson for me is that you and I need to continue developing a rhythm of praying, even if it seems like no one else is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...