Monday, June 24, 2024

Psalm 23-8

 My what if….list is long. Some days I do pretty well keeping the list in check, either ignoring my fears or by praying out my anxieties. Many days I don’t do well, hiding my inner turmoil from most everyone. I used to handle my fears better because I thought I had some control over my circumstances and God had left it up to me. I don’t think my theology was correct because few circumstances are in our control. Life seems to be designed to being us to our knees, to pray more, to depend on Him far more than we ever imagined. 

How are you learning to handle dear and anxiety in light of His promise to NEVER leave us and walk with us?

“Gut-wrenching questions honor God. Despair directed at God is a way of encountering Him, opening ourselves up to the One and only Someone who can actually do something about our plight. And whether we collide with the Almighty or simply bump up against Him, we cannot be the same. We never are when we experience God.” - Joni Eareckson Tada, When God Weeps: Why Our Sufferings Matter to the Almighty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...