Thursday, June 6, 2024

Lord’s Prayer 7

 A real test of my maturity as a follower of Christ is my level of forgiveness to those who I’ve held a grudge. It’s difficult to forgive a relative who is not living and to restore relationships with those who will not talk with me. It’s also hard to know how to forgive someone who has ridiculed me and continues to undermine my efforts. I’m the flip side, these individuals are a small minority compared to the many many who are gracious, full of mercy and full of hope. My goal is to let my frustrations go, and recognize I may never understand others’s motives  we live in a sun bent world with few efforts or teaching made to live in peace with everyone.  Perhaps all we can do is to live those who are difficult from a distance  

Forgiving does not erase the bitter past. A healed memory is not a deleted memory. Instead, forgiving what we cannot forget creates a new way to remember. We change the memory of our past into a hope for our future.  You will know that forgiveness has begun when you recall those who hurt you and feel the power to wish them well.” - Lewis B. Smedes, Forgjve and Forget


“Today I decided to forgive you. Not because you apologized or because you acknowledged the pain that you caused me, but because my soul deserves peace.” - Ken Shigematsu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...