Saturday, June 8, 2024

Lord’s Prayer 8

 No one is our enemy like ourselves. Our sinful self is the door open to temptation. Evil can certainly be a factor, but where are our senses looking. If I’m looking at what I shouldn’t, listening to who I shouldn’t, my senses are self focused. I’m not fixing my thoughts on my Creator. Jesus died to save me from myself and my sin. As I dwell on His goodness and grace, I will continue to filter out the temptations that disappoint and discourage. He is our hope, not our earned status or entitlement ideas. 

Souls are like athletes, that need opponents worthy of them, if they are to be tried and extended and pushed to the full use of their powers, and rewarded according to their capacity.” - Thomas Merton


No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 8

 One quality that most children and teens have in common is a clear sense of what is fair and what is not. Being treated with respect and di...