Monday, June 10, 2024

Pray 1

 I used to view my prayer life with guilt and shame. It was a checklist of whether I had prayed or not. I had my mental list of prayer topics but rarely invested much time in praying for each issue. But I’m learning what it means to be praying at all times, often sporadic, in the moment, impromptu. I want to have a lifestyle with that rhythm of praying.  As I’m learning to do this, my awe of our Savior has increased and my guilty conscience  has disappeared. As I’ve been in prayer groups and heard prayer warriors Mary with intensity and clarity, I’m overwhelmed at the presence of God. 

“Our prayers should arise out of immersion in the Scripture. [We] speak only to the degree we are spoken to. . . . The wedding of the Bible and prayer anchors your life down in the real God.” - Tim Keller


“Trusting God when the miracle does not come, when the urgent prayer gets no answer, when there is only darkness—this is the kind of faith God values perhaps most of all. This is the kind of faith that can be developed and displayed only in the midst of difficult circumstances. This is the kind of faith that cannot be shaken because it is the result of having been shaken.” - Nancy Guthrie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...