Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Pray 2

 I am guilty of praying to our Father like an estranged child sulking and hiding in the corner, not sure that He is listening at all. I’ve prayed half heartedly thinking that He really doesn’t care all that much. I’ve prayed out of guilt that I’ve not prayed enough or very often. I could go on and on. But if I’m full adopted and loved as His own, what do I have to lose by being open and vulnerable. He knows me better than I know myself. Many of my prayers have been a form of self talk, seeking earthly blessings rather than simply worshipping my Father. 

Prayer is awe, intimacy, struggle—yet the way to reality. There is nothing more important, or harder, or richer, or more life-altering. There is absolutely nothing so great as prayer.” - Timothy Keller, Prayer: Experiencing Awe and Intimacy with God

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...