Thursday, June 13, 2024

Pray 3

 Praying that His kingdom come is a counter cultural mind set. Our world would like us to think that this world is all there is and we had better manipulate our way and grab all we can get. But the reality of that thinking is hopeless and despair. His kingdom in the here and now gives an unshakable hope and assurance. His kingdom to be in ful is even a greater hope. god is with us and will NEVER LEAVE US or forsake us. I need pray that way, with hope and assurance. 

First, I took several months to go through the Psalms, summarizing each one. That enabled me to begin praying through the Psalms regularly, getting through all of them several times a year.27 The second thing I did was always to put in a time of meditation as a transitional discipline between my Bible reading and my time of prayer. Third, I did all I could to pray morning and evening rather than only in the morning. Fourth, I began praying with greater expectation.” - Timothy Keller, Prayer: Experiencing Awe and Intimacy with God


No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...