Friday, June 14, 2024

Pray 4

 Asking God to provide for us each day sounds short sighted for our fast paced culture. But it hit me as I read this that Gkd is asking us to slow down enough to appreciate Hos provision and protection. The Hebrews grumbled and drifted into a negative mindset, forgetting all that God had done for them. Gratitude each day, as we pray for daily provisions should never get old. He mercies are new every morning. 

By reading the scriptures I am so renewed that all nature seems renewed around me and with me. The sky seems to be a pure, a cooler blue, the trees a deeper green. The whole world is charged with the glory of God and I feel fire and music under my feet.” - Thomas Merton


No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...