Saturday, July 20, 2024

Bible 203

 I’ve often been blind to the negativity in me or around me. I grew up with an angry judgmental extended family. My job was to be as agreeable as possible, blending in to not make anyone upset. It was impossible as a kid. But I’m learning that the standards of His love are far different than the metrics of comparison and one up on each other. There is no better freedom than resting in His love, trusting that all circumstances will be processed for good as we love Him in return. The process may be messy and full of ups and down, enabling us to draw close to Him. Hosea’s love for our Triune God had to be intense, empowering him to endure rejection and humiliation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 9

 Do you find it hard to describe yourself as a clay pot?  I used to believe in the statement: “When life gets tough, the tough get tougher!’...