Sunday, July 21, 2024

Bible 204

 I was raised with idea that I was supposed to get things done by myself and not depend on others for help. I’m not sure if that was intentional teaching, but that was my interpretation. Many rural midwestern men have that ideal, depending on self as a primary strength. But following Christ is learning to give up that prideful self sufficient mindset. The humility of depending on our Triune God is true strength and power to meet each day’s challenge. There is no magic formula or equation for maturity. Each person has unique struggles but the One who sees all things provides just what we need as we trust Him. I like what John Newton said:

To paraphrase John Newton:

‘I am not what I ought to be.

I am not what I wish to be.

I am not what I one day will be.

But, by the grace of God, I am not what I once was.’

Lord, I cry out to you for help. Please fill me with your Holy Spirit today. I really need the help of the Holy Spirit to lead the kind of life I know you want me to lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 9

 Do you find it hard to describe yourself as a clay pot?  I used to believe in the statement: “When life gets tough, the tough get tougher!’...