Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Bible 234

 I’m guilty of attending most anything with a consumer mindset, rather than as a participant and contributor. Church attendance can easily slide toward a consumer attitude with questions of ‘what am I getting out of this’. Disappointment can be the result if I’m always looking for what satisfies my emotional ill and downs. But if I’m searching for His presence and wisdom in my activities, I’m far less disappointed.  Even more, praying for others and keeping their needs in mind brings an entirely different approach to everything. Just as Kkng Asa prayed in our reference today:

 “Lord, there is no one like you to help the powerless against the mighty. Help us, O Lord our God, for we rely on you”’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...