Saturday, August 24, 2024

Narrow 4

 I wonder how Jesus would communicate the great command to our culture. Would He say it differently to our fast paced individualist culture?  Would He use a parable to illustrate loving God more than anything else?  Our hunger for a comfortable life can be a fast track to despair if we are not surrendering each day to love Him more. Our sins of comparing ourselves can be roadblocks to loving others. I’m guilty on all accounts but want to learn and apply what I know to be His voice. 

“The Gospel must not only offer a personal salvation in the future life to those who believe; it must also transform all of the relationships of life here and now and thus cause the Kingdom of God to prevail in all the world.” - Rich Villodas, The Deeply Formed Life


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...