Saturday, August 31, 2024

Rooted 6

 I’m guilty of comparing myself to others, categorizing and putting people into different levels. But who am I  to judge what is happening in their soil, enabling growth on a different time table. Instead of judging the other guy, maybe I need to encourage growth and belief, no matter if I see progress or not. I certainly do nit want to one if the weeds or a rock in the other person’s soil, preventing growth. 

“So many Christians simply have no idea of the staggering immensity of God's love for them and of that love's power to transform them into people of love, as well as bring them great happiness and lasting peace. If they knew, they would undoubtedly do whatever it takes to make time to be with him. Unfortunately, many of us still view following Jesus as a means to an end - a ticket to heaven, to nice feelings, to a successful, upwardly mobile life, and so on. 

We still don't get it: He's the end.

The reward for following Jesus is Jesus.” - John Mark Comer, Practicing the Way


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...