Sunday, September 22, 2024

Prayer1

How much do you and I rearm for a more effective prayer life?  Daniel evidently developed a rhythm of praying, regardless of what was happening. His determination to pray didn’t happen on accident. When predicaments and crises happened, he naturally prayed. I wonder if he had this happen when he was captured to be a slave, or did his captivity result in a better prayer life. If a good prayer habit doesn’t happen by accident, it’s going to take practice. 

“ Prayer is a striving to “take hold of God” (Is 64:7) the way in ancient times people took hold of the cloak of a great man as they appealed to him, or the way in modern times we embrace someone to show love.” - Tim Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...