Sunday, September 22, 2024

Vine 8

As I read today’s devotional, I thought of several people who have been generous with investing time in me. One man in particular, invested coffee time and lunch with me while I was in college. I have felt the trust of others as I was a young parent. Generosity with resources and time have immeasurable results. We will never know the impact we have by our investment in others. In a data driven culture, often with various interpretations of the information gathered, we often hesitate to be generous because our intentions may be misinterpreted. But the more we mature in our faith, we worry less about what others think. 

“Being a member of a church means so much more than standing next to someone else and singing some songs once a week. Being a member of a church means realizing that we are responsible for helping the brothers and sisters around us to grow as disciples of Jesus. In the same way, they are responsible for helping us. We desperately need each other in the daily fight to follow Christ in a world that’s full of sin.” - David Platt, Follow Me: A Call to Die. A Call to Live



No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...