Sunday, September 29, 2024

Uncertainty 2

 How often have you asked God to explain why bad things happen to goods people?  I often wrestle with this question without much of an answer. I’m not sure if we will ever receive adequate answers to our ‘why’ questions. I remind myself that God is totally good and holy. He is not the one who sends evil. He promises to never leave us no matter what. Our trials and tests refine our faith, deepening our trust in His goodness. 

“I am not fated, I am not determined, I am not a lump of human dough whipped into shape by the contingent reinforcement and aversive conditioning of my past. I know as well as the next person that I cannot create my life de novo; I am well aware that much of what I am and what I do is a gift or a curse from my past. But when I make a promise to anyone I rise above all the conditioning that limits me.” - Lewis Smedes



No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...