Sunday, September 15, 2024

Vine 2

 How does our culture define success?  His is it different than a Scriptural definition?  I used to think success was acquiring wealth and status, but often felt disappointed with my efforts. But I’m relearning that God’s view is a humble surrender to His way. It is being connected with our Triune God, talking all things out with Him. Being known for power., possessions of prestige are temporary success measurements. His standards are far different. 

“The cultural milieu we live in is one of celebrityism. The temptation, when you get really good at something, is to do it to serve and love yourself, not the world, and to do it for your own glory, not God’s. It’s so easy for gifted people to fall into pride, hubris, shameless self-promoting, and self-aggrandizement. It’s lame.” - John Mark Comer, Garden City: Work, Rest, and the Art of Being Human


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...