Friday, September 20, 2024

Vine 6

 How have found praying to be difficult?  How have you discovered a simple rhythm to pray?  I have experienced several ways that prayer is complicated, mostly from my own doing. Being in a hurry, being frustrated with my circumstances, blaming whoever and whatever I can for a situation, and thinking I’m self sufficient are my reasons to not pray fervently. But praying brief prayers more often has changed my hurried independent mindset. ‘Lord, have mercy on me!’  Forgive me for not turning to You!  Please give wisdom to…,!  Thank You for Your provision and protection!’  These simple prayers repeatedly have helped.  Meditating on a verse has also helped. ‘The Lord is MY Shepherd. The Lord is my Shepherd.  The LORD is my Shepherd. The Lord US my Shepherd. 

“Pray as you can, and somewhere along the way, you will make the most important discovery of your life—the love the Father has for you. That discovery is God’s end of the deal. Your part is just to show up honestly. Show up, and keep showing up. That’s the one nonnegotiable when it comes to prayer.” - Tyler Staton, Praying Like Monks


“To pray is to change. Prayer is the central avenue God uses to transform us. If we are unwilling to change, we will abandon prayer as a noticeable characteristic of our lives.” - Richard Foster, Celebration of Discipline 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...