Sunday, October 13, 2024

Spirit of Prayer 1

 I’m guilty of praying more about my worries and needs than the needs of others. I’m sure God is listening, but do I really have the heart of God in my praying?  Today’s comments remind me of Jonah. We aren’t sure of all that was going on with his reluctance to follow through on what God wanted him to do. The people of  Nineveh were to be feared and most hated for their brutality. How could God be concerned about ‘those people’?  I wonder what message our Triune God is sending us regarding the people we most fear or despise. What would God say about my reluctance to pray fervently for those most like me?  I want to develop a mindset and heart ghat reflects Hod’s heart for others, no matter their background or opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 292

 Our culture is in desperate need of effective leaders who demonstrate integrity and character. I’m not sure why more character driven leade...