Friday, February 11, 2022

Four Steps to Defeat Giants 17

The giants in my mind have prevented me from praying boldly and from taking risks for Him. I’ve been much too hesitant at times but God is a teaching me a strategy to defeat doubt, discouragement, delay, or disapproval. These giants are no match for our Creator’s presence.

Rick Warren suggests: Remember how God has helped me in the past; Use the tools that God has given me now; Ignore the critics and dreambusters; Expect God to help me for His glory. Perhaps I’ve been too worried about my own glory.

Quote: “It doesn’t have to be dark outside for us to be in the middle of the night. Sometimes the darkness is in us. Discouragement moves in, and we are like Asaph, who said, “My hand was stretched out in the night without ceasing; my soul refused to be comforted” (v. 2). Some translations read, “My sore was running in the night.” What do you do when your soul refuses to be comforted? Asaph tells us what we should do. First, talk to God. “I cried out to God with my voice—to God with my voice; and He gave ear to me” (v. 1). Someone has suggested that when you can’t sleep at night, instead of counting sheep, talk to the Shepherd. That’s what Asaph did.” - Warren W. Wiersbe, Prayer, Praise & Promises: A Daily Walk Through the Psalms

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...