Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Identity and Hope 3/23

 

It’s so easy to miss the whole point of the lesson to be learned. I can be preoccupied with my own selfish world that I avoid listening or learning what is most important. The apostle Paul seems to be saying this by writing in large letters:  But may it never be that I would boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.” I hope this devotional reading will lead us into a deeper reflection of where we are at in the Lord’s presence, committing ourselves to listen, learn, and live for His glory. I hope we ‘get’ what what the Lord is teaching us


  “There is a tendency to treat our relationship with Jesus like the diet we keep meaning to start. I’m going to start eating right, as soon as I finish off this chicken chimichanga. Tomorrow for sure. We treat our relationship with Jesus like the workout program we keep meaning to start. We go to bed telling ourselves, “Tomorrow I’m going to wake up early and exercise.” But the following night we find ourselves getting into bed promising, “Tomorrow for sure.” - Kyle Idleman, Not a Fan: Becoming a Completely Committed Follower of Jesus


You can invite others to participate in the Bible Reading Plan “The Cross & Easter,” by Tony Evans at https://bible.com/p/50121865/a4be5b0303e3dd9a4d6b37702f79c5bc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...