Thursday, March 17, 2022

My Tendency to Complain

 Living post Covid, it’s so tempting to join the divisive negative talk in our culture. But the drain from positivity affects my motivation to make a genuine difference or to st goals.  A friend my wife and I admire is Angie McDermott who has written:

What does the Bible say about complaining? Are you a grumbler? Does complaining make your witness to the world attractive? Does a grumbler express the fruit of the Spirit? I'm in Deuteronomy chapter one in my reading. There's plenty said in Scripture about complaining and complainers, grumbling and grumblers.

When the Lord heard your complaining, He became very angry… - Deuteronomy 1:34

Do everything without complaining and arguing. - Philippians 2:14

Jesus replied, "Stop complaining about what I said." - John 6:43

Jesus was aware that His disciples were complaining, so He said to them, "Does this offend you?" - John 6:61

Then Moses said to Aaron, “... Present yourselves before the Lord, for He has heard your complaining." - Exodus 16:9

The Lord is the one you and your followers are really revolting against!... - Numbers 16:11

Don’t grumble about each other, brothers and sisters, or you will be judged. For look the Judge is standing at the door! - James 5:9 

Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them. - Ephesians 4:29

Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. - Romans 12:2

These people are grumblers and complainers, living only to satisfy their desires… - Jude 1:16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...