Monday, March 14, 2022

Where Was Peter 3/21

 What did Peter do after he had denied that he knew Christ?  Did he hide out at home or go fishing alone, just to get away  I imagine he questioned himself intensely after being so loyal to Jesus.  He may have been questioning God, demanding answers in his confusion and anger  his grief must have been overwhelming.  But seeing the empty tomb and hearing the story of the risen Christ would stir anyone.  I think John 21 is one of the most life changing stories in the Bible when Jesus restores Peter at a campfire with fish for breakfast  if Jesus looked into each of our faces, what would He say?  I think all of my fear and anxiety would be addressed with His reassurance. His calm but storm voice would revitalize my defeat and grief. Why do I get discouraged when He is always present?

  1. “Own your fear and run to the only One who is able to defeat it. Confess that you don’t always remember His presence and His glory. Confess those places where you assess situations as if He didn’t exist. Own the fact that you often love your comfort more than you love His glory. Confess that there are moments when you are more in awe of people than you are of Him.” - Excerpt, Dangerous Calling by Paul David Tripp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...