Friday, May 27, 2022

4 Ways 5/30

 I wonder if I get so rapped into myself and my agenda that I fail to slow down enough to listen for God’s instruction, His voice, or to sense His presence.  My check list of things to do May include Bible reading but I need to slow down and let the words ruminate in my mind. The same can be said of pastors and teachers. Once the session is done, I’m on go the next thing. However, the process of change and growth is slow, and the washing of His Word cleans us, washing the sin and selfishness away. Surrendering my will to Him is a process that needs renewed over and over with my self sufficient tendencies. 

“Jesus talked to His friends a lot about how we should identify ourselves. He said it wouldn’t be what we said we believed or all the good we hoped to do someday. Nope, He said we would identify ourselves simply by how we loved people. It’s tempting to think there is more to it, but there’s not. Love isn’t something we fall into; love is someone we become.” - Bob Goff, Everybody, Always

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...