Thursday, June 16, 2022

Glorious Savior 6/20

 Our culture hardly ever uses the word sin. Violence, division, inequality, addiction, or crime are each explained away as an economic, environmental, or genetic issue. I can look back on my own life and describe patterns that I’ve tried to adopt or avoid. But my sinful core is hardly addressed in any public debate or discussion. Scripture is clear that the core problem is our sin. I need, we all need a Savior. I need, we need to surrender ourselves to Him and live for Him. 

“It’s worth chewing on the truth of Jesus’ divinity for a few moments. Jesus is not just an ambassador for God. Jesus is not just part of God. Jesus is not just someone who lived a good life and taught some helpful things and deserves to be remembered favorably by history because He helped us find a better understanding of God.

No, Jesus is God.” - Excerpt, At the Table with Jesus, by Louie Giglio

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...