Wednesday, June 8, 2022

How Did I Get Here 6/10

 When I Wed direction and help, most of the time I do not even realize my predicament. I’m so into myself that I do not pray or reflect on my needs. I often worry about my reputation and appearance than glorifying my Lord. Not that I’m going to go in a wrong direction or commit an overt public sin, but I don’t consider that God May as me to do something outside the box. He may be up to something subversive or countercultural and I could easily miss an opportunity as I remain in my self righteous or self justification mode. 

“Some of us try desperately to hold on to ourselves, to live for ourselves. We look so bedraggled and pathetic doing it, hanging on to the dead branch of a bank account for dear life, afraid to risk ourselves on the untried wings of giving. We don’t think we can live generously because we have never tried. But the sooner we start the better, for we are going to have to give up our lives finally, and the longer we wait the less time we have for the soaring and swooping life of grace.” - Eugene H. Peterson, Run with the Horses

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...