Monday, July 11, 2022

Who’s Your Dad 7/16

 It’s so easy to remain comfortable with  a few, if any changes in my life. I’ve made it this far okay so why change. It’s easy to follow a watered down version of the gospel, thinking that going to church and doing what is expected is good enough. But God has something different in mind because He wants to be glorified as Creator and King.  He knows my heart and how much I’m holding on to His teachings. If I’m in Christ, I need to be all about Him. My life should not be about me but about Him. I’m learning to be more excited about where God is working, asking God to show me ways I can participate or pray for His working. He wants us to follow Him, not play the part. I’ve got a lot to learn. 

The union Christ had with the Father was the greatest that we can conceive of in this life—if indeed we can conceive of it. Yet we have no indication that even Jesus was constantly awash with revelations as to what he should do. His union with the Father was so great that he was at all times obedient. This obedience was something that rested in his mature will and understanding of his life before God, not on always being told “Now do this” and “Now do that” with regard to every details of his life or work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...