Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Christmas 12/07

 As we do our Christmas shopping and prepare for our traditions, I’m wondering what God thinks.  Does He view our efforts as an attempt to trivialize our worship of Him?  For me, it’s probably no different than any other time of the year.  As our devotional indicated, we often limit our view of Christmas to the baby Jesus and limit our view of Him as the King of kings and Lord of lords.  May we deepen our awe of Him as we worship Him.


“I came to see that I was wired for awe, that awe of something sits at the bottom of everything I say and do. But I wasn’t just wired for awe. I was wired for awe of God. No other awe satisfies the soul. No other awe can give my heart the peace, rest, and security that it seeks. I came to see that I needed to trace awe of God down to the most mundane of human decisions and activities.” - Paul David Tripp, Awe: Why It Matters for Everything We Think, Say, and Do

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...