Tuesday, January 10, 2023

New Mercies 1/11

I want to echo what Tripp says: “If my heart is ever going to be freed of grumbling and ruled by gratitude, I need grace: grace to remember, grace to see, grace that produces a heart of humble joy.”

My self efforts to produce happiness do not work. It’s only when I focus on His presence and His provision, inexperience joy, peace, contentment and love, despite the chaos and negativity around me. There are few things I can control in life, but one is my desire to trust His grace to carry me through. It’s not that we love Him, but that He loves us.

“When we follow God’s direction we will witness things happening in our lives that can only be explained by His powerful presence. How could we be satisfied with anything less?”- Experiencing God, by Henry Blackaby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...