Tuesday, January 10, 2023

New Mercies 1/13

 One quality I appreciate about Paul Tripp is his up front and in your face communication. I often water down the importance of total surrender to God. Tripp says “let me blunt: our hope is not to be found in your willingness and ability to endure, but in God’s unshakable, enduring commitment to never turn from His work of grace. Your hope is that you have been welcomed into communion with One who will endure no matter what.”

When I try going it alone, figuring out a solution without prayer or trust, I fall on my face with disappointment and discouragement. May we encourage each other to surrender all that we are to Him.

“If you continually reject the Spirit’s promptings, a day will come when you no longer hear a word from God. If you repeatedly stifle God’s word to you so that you are no longer sensitive to His voice, He will not give you a fresh word.” - Experiencing God, by Henry Blackaby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 280

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...