Thursday, February 16, 2023

All In 12

 Today’s devotional is thought provoking. I’ve never thought of creating an atmosphere for God to work deeply in my life. I’ve often felt that my surroundings were too chaotic and noisy for me to fully listen to what God wanted. Silence and solitude are far better for reflection and contemplation but I’ve have had sudden promptings from the Holy Spirit during the most chaotic times and and in quietness. These encounters have been a compelling drive to do what the Spirit wanted me to do. I’m sure I’ve missed many other times of promptings by being too into myself to be aware. If it’s possible, I want to grow in my awareness of what God is telling me to do. I’m quite sure it is based on my prayer life and my reflection on God’s word. It’s also based on my desire to glorify and honor our Father rather than myself. If I’m trying to build my own reputation, or if I’m just going to talk about me with others, I’m sure God is not going to prompt me to promote myself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 9

 Do you find it hard to describe yourself as a clay pot?  I used to believe in the statement: “When life gets tough, the tough get tougher!’...